10 ways to make money with your film
- Sell DVDS/ Blu Rays of your film
- Sell tickets to a screening of your film
- Sell e-tickets to your film online
- Package your film with another product.
Example: Your film is about how to use make up, include a makeup kit and add your profit margin
- Sell e-books about making your film
How did you make your film? Would this interest your fans? Tell them how and use your website or screening events to tell them about your book.
- Enter your film into cash prize competitions
There are many cash prize competitions out there. Here is one example
- Sell your film to TV distributors
Check out our distribution section to help you sell your film
- Seminars about filmmaking
Do you have in-depth knowledge about making films? Perhaps your local school, education center or film festival would be interested in having your speak.
- Advertising/ product placement
Is your film about a guy who drinks lots of fizzy drinks? Find a sponsor or contact a local vendor who sells fizzy drinks to see if they would like a product featured in your movie.
Negotiate royalties on net receipts/ DVD sales (if you are making your distributors some serious cash)
Other helpful articles:
Preparing your film for production (Blogs : Producer Juri Koll)
What you need to know before contacting a film distributor
UK Film Distributors
How to sell a short film
Negotiating a distribution deal (Blogs: Producer Juri Koll)