ScreenCraft has unveiled the jury for the first annual ScreenCraft Short Script Contest.
This first annual competition seeks fresh voices in short film screenwriting – a format that is quickly gaining in popularity and importance as an art form, through branded entertainment and online distribution channels.
The competition is open for entries until April 6th. Winners receive cash prizes and access to Hollywood industry executives who specialize in short form content. The grand prize winner will be introduced to the entire jury, including executives from the Cannes Film Festival, Vimeo, and Maker Studios.
The 2015 panel of judges includes:
- Alice Kharoubi, Director of Cannes Film Festival Short Film Programme
- Marc Hustvedt, Founder of the annual Streamy Awards and Tubefilter.com
- Jeremy Boxer, Creative Director at Vimeo and Co-founder and Director of Vimeo Festival+Awards
- Kamran Kamjou, Senior Director, Maker Studios (Disney)
- Ari Lubet, Literary Manager, 3 Arts Entertainment
- Michael Felker, Programmer at Slamdance Film Festival
“I look forward to discovering new screenwriting voices in this unique contest for short film scripts,” said contest judge Kamran Kamjou, Senior Director at Maker Studios.
The competition is operated by ScreenCraft, a Los Angeles-based media consultancy dedicated to helping screenwriters and filmmakers master their craft and connecting them with industry executives who need viable scripts.
“We’re excited to celebrate the increasingly important art form of short film screenwriting. It’s an honor to work with this inaugural jury to discover talented shortscript writers and connect them with professionals in this growing niche industry of short-form narrative content,” said ScreenCraft’s co-founder John Rhodes.
Submission and eligibility info can be found here: www.screencraft.org/shorts